Precious Gift of Faith


God gave us tomorrow. The same as He always has.
Tomorrow remains the gift from the Almighty
That we have a chance to see past yesterday's pain
Leap the hurdles of today
And lay our head to rest knowing
That our pleasant dream is tomorrow

As a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ sometimes I find myself caught up. Crushed under an insurmountable weight of guilt that I'm not fulfilling my potential and a distant pain that suggests God doesn't know how to do His job. I mean, He's only been doing it for an eternity. If I could just send up one more reminder prayer to Him, that I'm still suffering and keep complaining to Him long enough maybe I'll get what I want. Never mind that He already knows my heart's desire before I ask it. We are Christians. I am a Christian. No, I am a Believer. And since I make that proclamation with my mouth I must believe it with my heart. Otherwise, I have no right to label myself as such. "Tomorrow," is God's Divine Promise that He shall keep His Flock. And I, a lost sheep, must believe that the Great Shepherd shall lead me to greener pastures. Tomorrow is my strength. It gives me courage to hold on. Tomorrow holds the just benefits of my holding onto God's Hand. Tomorrow is the day I shall reap the harvest for the seed I'm planting now. God gave us tomorrow to keep our feet firmly rooted in Him to know that He has our back, Today.

Comments

Popular Posts