Parenthood

As I sat in the back of my mom's car and they talked business on the phone this scenario was all too familiar. They were speaking in tones that suggested their plates were full already and the people on the phone were trying to serve them another helping of tenures that had to be completed in the same time line as the original tasks. Why is it that I find myself in this void and no one else can understand what is going on? Their so distracted my dad reminded my mom to go pick me up while I sat there contemplating him in the passenger seat behind him. And nobody realizes that nothing ever works out perfect. They would fight occasionally in front of me and I tried to justify when friends hear it over the phone. I'm not asking them to be perfect but they're trying to make it seem as though we're all okay and we're not. I wish there was some kinda way to let them who I am when trying to be the son they want me to be. As she declares to me I'm not even looking but you haven't been LISTENING to me for some time now. But God I don't want them to call me an immature unyielding child but something about this whole situation makes me feel that way. C’mon Malcolm. Grow up!

Comments

Popular Posts