What About the Movement

So we actually on this little adventure in downtown Hampton to tag stuff no racing b/c I wasn't really feeling that after running like twice but it seemed to be what moved Zach for a second. I did climb that tree over by Marshall in front of the big white house and thus began our adventure. However, I immediately detected this slight reluctance that Zach had about doing things with this "mission" if you will. He kept suggesting unrealistic Jackie Chan-esque moves that neither my body or the surroundings could manage. He was how should I say safe. After the first tree I saw another one, a better one though there were no branches and Z was like take that branch swing yourself up to the top and some foolishness just like when we were by the infirmary. Only I climbed up to the roof via a low brick wall and shaky gutter which I found out did have water in it. He suggests to get down that I should just jump down and do a ninja roll that I didn't know existed until 9 o'clock that night. Wtf. Anyway, I chose my own path. Down by the gate with the A/C unit behind the health center. I tagged it and made the first one of the night. Then the good tree. Then we got to the docks and he was all about "coming back and getting that later." And after I hopped around the gate I tagged the column and he eventually found his way around and tagged another one slightly further out. He kept saying he was waiting til we got to 7-11 to get his Red Bull and then he'd be doing crazy, but I knew it was a copout. Anyway, we kept on towards downtown and he decided he'd like to run so I thought we should push it to the limit so I sprinted alongside him, then in front of him, and eventually I made it all the way up the bridge without him as he moseyed along after me complaining he needed his Red Bull. We pass a lamp post I was going to scale and he warned it was too many people out and about and we'd do it on the way back ::rolls eyes:: but he was right there were a lot of people out then. We get downtown and I am scoping out every building I think I might be able to get atop. He tries to get this whole "let's run" notion out there again and I tell him flatly I aint running nowhere. Then he takes off a few feet ahead of me to see if he could clear this tiny bush. He lamely chickens out of even that though he was the one originally hyped up the would be insignificant "jump". We keep walking and I see a possibility with the close walls I could try to climb up via counteropposition of pressing against both sides. However after unreassuring comments from Z and a failed attempt because it was too narrow I realized that he kept trying to coach on what I should do while not actually trying thing himself. I then scaled a tree twice to land atop the first landing of Allen & son lawyers. I tagged the window while Zach discovered what I already had with the different ledge. He walked to a level adjacent to where I had just tagged. He walked up a few steps and then wanted to have a convo about the blatant office building. Then I sized up several things but climbed nothing. We witnessed a cop losing a guy he was trying to arrest. It was random as well I notice Z was stalling for time. As we pressed on we arrive at the back half of downtown and as we proceeded towards Queens Way Soil Cafe I noticed a deserted alleyway in which I could easily have scaled a few of the walls and some of the fire escapes and land on the top of the building being so parkour. But as seemed to be the general sentiment for the night I had to drag Zach along because what's the point of an adventure with no room to explore and air enough to embrace the unknown possibilities. Regardless, I continue down the alleyway shimmy up the opposite side of a stairwell and hop onto an adjacent building. I notice an entirely new world that was both strangely familiar and unlike anything that I had imagined but though only a tiny fraction of me was scared I was most calm and pleased to see this pleasant and mysterious world of unfathomable chances to do something unprecedented. But somehow this person who had convinced me to take on this adventure was completely and utterly scared shitless. I can't believe it. And the fact that he honestly knew nothing of the world we had just dove headfirst into couldn't help leaving me feeling somewhat lied to on this the first and last day of the Red Team movement.

Comments

Popular Posts