Ba Ba Black Sheep

It's a weird phenoemena being with people that they say you look like, talk like, act like, and everything in between and somehow you still manage to land in spaces where you still are not sure where you stand with them. There are some cases that allow room to ask questions and understand more about the person you're supposed to get along with so well but every now and again there are breakdowns in communication. This has been the case especially when it relates to conversation with my cousins and their relationshiop with my dear, dear brother Jesse. He somehow has managed to alienate himself from every part of the family; my dad's side and my mom's. Yet, it seems that the way that he perceives it is, everyone has in some way gotten together to make himself out to be the "bad guy." However, it cannot always be the case. This is something that he, himself has created. I knew something was wrong when one of our coolest cousins said, "Nah, real talk I ain't fuckin with Jesse
tonight." It was as if he was saying he didn't want to be bothered, but any other time he would have gladly lifted him from his boredom and move him to something slightly more exciting than the tedium of his four walls. But tonight Dre had acted almost put off when I mentioned his used-to-be compadre. I was in the spot where I knew nothing of what had been happening between them while I was away at school and I had no way of finding out. I was stuck to wonder what "the one that's in every family" formally called my brother had done to make yet another member of the King-Wyatt clan put off. My wonderful brother, the black sheep was "doing it again." And somehow this time I couldn't help but turn the deaf ear to his "woe is me" complaints and a cold shoulder to his empty longing for his siblings to come back from college since as soon as we get back he uses it as an opportunity to abuse us for lost time. In some sickly ironic way Jesse misses the chance to show how much he loves us by telling us he hates us. The sick, sadistic motherfucker. Oh well. He will of none of my concern in exactly 5..........4...........3........2........ahhhh. He is no longer a factor and thank God for that :)

Comments

Popular Posts