:<{ Parkour all wrong

He is a poser. Parkour was never even meant to be competitive. Even free running's not. But he had me hyped up to be a part of a movement that if ever came to pass would be comprised of trendy bandwaggoners following a fad of ignorance. It clearly says "parkour is unique and cannot be a competitive sport if it ignores its altruistic core to self development. If parkour becomes a sport, it will be hard to seriously teach and spread parkour as a non-competitve activity. And a new sport will be spread that may be called parkour, but that won't hold its philosophy's essence anymore." So in essence parkour was meant to be simply about efficiency of movement on whatever landscape that is around you. Zachary had explained it as though it was a competition full of teams vying for respect and territory. He had broken down this style of moving to some semblance gang rivalry that it was never originally intended. And though he may not have done this knowingly it does not negate his ignorance and it taints my willingness to follow his proposition of alternate which in actuality he knows nothing about. Not only was I following suggestions of someone too vanilla to try it all himself, but I was listening to someone just as ignorant as me. Sucked in slightly by his use of what I thought were the proper vocabulary for techniques he had never seen. I may continue my downtown escapades but not as a tracers as I don't think I like parkour as much as I enjoy buildering and free running. And yes those are the proper two categories. I looked it up. Better yet I will just roam as I feel without all these unnecessary labels. Labels are added by those that don't know anything about a topic or that wish to fit something obscure into a neat package that they've created. I can't believe one person I thought was so cool is one of those people. Z not that I am mad but I can't help but feel sort of disappointed and almost........sort of....betrayed.

Comments

Popular Posts