Slicker than your average

When a person uses the English language to define themselves they have already began to tell you something about their culture based off the premise of language. As a result I will not make the same designation through this mode of introduction. Let me begin again. Mi nombre es Malcolm Jamal King y soy un hombre negro y puertoriqueno. Mi familia es mas negro que hispano pero a me no importa. Se amo todos partes de mi escultura. I am the second of the three children and often pinned the cliché nickname of Malcolm in the Middle, thank you Frankie Muniz. I am not what anyone would ever perceive me to be because in order to understand my personality fully you would have to be me. I am a poet who hates to listen to poetry; the author who hates prose; the swimmer who hates water; the neat freak who hates to clean; the adult that never wants to grow up; the subject who hates a predicate as I hate to be defined by any one standard. I fit no one's archetype for normal and I don't plan on reconciling this quality. I am a free spirit who seeks cultivation but now at the sacrifice of my heart. I am the Israelite wandering in the wilderness because I wish to find my own way to the Promised Land. I sometimes I wish I wasn't this way and many days out the week I wage war against one thing that's always mocking silently. This object knows each of my heart's desires. This entity is aware of my insecurities and does a bang-up job of reminding of my short comings. I only pray that God can rescue me from this being I wrestle with day-in and day-out. Lord Please give me strength. The tears of a tiger are pouring down my face and of course my enemy knows this as well as the scourge of this man is the one that lives on the other side of the mirror.

Comments

Popular Posts