Gotta Have My Pops


How many times do they say: 'He must have spit you out?"
I still count them in my mind
And even though we bump heads sometimes, what's that all about?
Apple and tree we're two of a kind.
Decided a new type of song to play,
wanted to take a moment and stop.
On this special day, I had to say:
You are the best man for the job.

(Chorus)
But...
Did you know
you're my solid rock?
Your bald head,
Keeps me fed,
But take no steps I make for granted.

And...
Did you know
you're my hero?
Even though the world is mixed up.
Odd jobs I know you picked up,
So I can still live a life that's blessed.

Do you know what our last name means,
No matter what each day brings,
No matter how hard it seems,
You're still a vital half.........a vital half
Of my everything.

Comments

Popular Posts