The Rime of The Ancient Mariner



Soooooooo, I found this poem in a journal of sorts from a year ago. Idk if it's worth editing but it's at least got a few clever metaphors and carefully twisted cliches in it. Check it out.

Sometimes I close my eyes
and wish for your smile
because kisses from you feel like
forgotten childhood Christmas mornings

where all that I'm wanting
has aligned with what I see
like money hard earned
because of time well spent
no, I can't even cheapen
your worth like that

Sometimes I shut out the world
and spread my arms wide
smile ear to ear wide
dreaming of those dulce moments
when it's just me and you

Intimacy
That's into you I see
That's into me you see
in two eyes meet seas
Sea clouds that share a common storm on the horizon
one of judgmental callousness
and heartbreak and powerlessness
for not plundering the same booty
of ye o'er buccaneers

Like nibble marks on my ears
or the mermaid melody I make
you hear

We are entranced by
none of these scalawags
because we've got
a pirate's code somewhere
in between
the rings of falsified commitment
Bermuda Triangles
worth reprising
because of all the hurt I'm running from

you know what it's like to be hiding

Comments

Post a Comment

Honest opinions are always welcome

Popular Posts