My Happy Place


This morning I arrived in one of my favorite cities of all time. New York City to be exact. Yes, I am an Atl boy all day, every day. And I always will be, but there is something special about this place that always makes it feel like a second home. Something about the beauty of sitting on the Metro listening to four different conversations in four different languages was refreshing from the usual slurred speech my hometown had afforded me this summer. And though people always talk about the rudeness of Yankees up North, I received none of that. I was having trouble with my overly large suitcases on the bus and one woman even lent me a hand. Holding my brown luggage the whole ride to East Harlem. I took it as a good sign. Usually I get this same tingling feeling of excitement mixed with fear when I touchdown here. But I know it's positivity sweeping through my whole being. Like finding a best friend I never knew I had. Lord knows I'm in the market for a true friend. Seems the only real ones to withstand tested friendship all convened in a little place we called "Our Home By the Sea." So here I am, in the big city. Nervous about what the future has in store. Scared about the prospect of living here. Hoping not to be desensitized by the bright lights as so many other people already seem to be. I know it's naive of me to keep this somewhat idealized construction of the Big Apple but it's what brought me here. And while I know there is a Big Worm slinking somewhere around these alleys trying to strangle my dreams I have Faith that my Peacemaker has a white dove that will devour that doubt. That is His job after all. And that's why I'm here. To find me one. And more importantly to find me a purpose and something meaningful to do with my life. I have some exciting prospects. And I will be discussing them all in time. But for now I'm letting the Master unveil His Plan to me. Thank you Lord for the gift of vision, and the will to move into Your Light and all the magnificent things I know you have planned for me.

Comments

  1. AWW YOU MOVED TO NY? I HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH A JOB AND A GREAT FUTURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in NYC...wherever you are, I'm a train ride away. If you need to, call me, okay? (678 592 3040)

    love u kid,
    SwissMiss/GA Peach/RED DELICIOUS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to turn you into an EVIL person lol. No, i'm just kidding...I'm so glad that you're in my city and so is MONICA!!! I can see from above. Anyway, call me back!

    -riv-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest opinions are always welcome

Popular Posts