One Day at a Time


For those of you that come on here wondering how I'm doing. I'm actually alright. Not perfect. Not bouncing off the walls, but better than locking myself in my room and taking sleeping pills. Every day is a new adventure. And I find that admitting that I'm not always happy is an important part of growing past where I am. Being able to name my pain, depression felt good, because it allowed me to know that I'm not the only one that struggles with that kind of feeling. As time has shown, some of my family really doesn't know how to deal with such a condition. My parents certainly don't. But that's a loooong story. I won't go into detail here, but let's just say a quick note: parents and guardians yelling at a depressed child for being "angry at the world" doesn't make them better, it makes them suicidal. In other news, I'm going back up the happy slope. By the beginning of October I will be in a different place. Both physically and emotionally. I won't say where I'm going to yet, but know that I will be surrounded by loved ones, excitement, and even if I'm unemployed I will be close by one of my favorite people in the world, so the prospect of moving is looking great right now. I still can't find work, but I'm not alone in this recession. Tidbit: I read on one of the depression websites young adults can feel this way because of a sudden loss of independence. That might be part of what triggered my intrinsic torture. Being grounded in the Atl. Anyway, I'm glad to know there is hope out there. Some of my family is pulling strings to find a job for me. And I'm not milking my alumni network, who hooked me up with some of the wonderful people in my field. *crosses fingers* Things are great, but they're looking up for me. Now instead feeling like drowning in sorrow, I have felt like dancing in the rain. Which I did, by the way, it's cold. Anyway, sorry this blog is so random, but that's kinda how I've been feeling really scatterbrain lately. But peace and blessings to you all. ::singing:: "The sun will come tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar." Unless you live in Atlanta, Georgia. Looks like the rain will be here for a minute. Better pack your umbrella.

Comments

  1. it just started raining here in NC. I know how you feel with the unemployment thing boy. Woo and the suciide...yes...my parents are the same...just dont know what to do. But i think they just care about themselves and its only real when they are going through it.

    hope it all gets better for you baby. either your or me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest opinions are always welcome

Popular Posts