Delicate


What we're building here is a fragile thing. A collaborative effort that could make something beautiful, but one must approach it with extra caution. Putting together the fixings of a "relationship" is a delicate art. Picture it as building a house out of toothpicks and cellophane paper. Granted the materials that you are working with are delicate, if fortified the correct way this seemingly temporal thing has the chance to last forever.

However, the keep is not in the expensive drapes and lavish marble floor upgrades you install. It's in the architecture and immediately most important after that is the foundation. Seemingly random moments of consideration and thoughtlessness are logged into a concrete bed that says this is what your time together will be based upon. So it is important to tread lightly and think wisely.

While many things can be forgiven there is only so much one can take with regards to weaving together the very fabric of this thing called us and put simply I messed up a bit. In one intoxicated occurrence accompanied with complete disregard for the other lead contractor in this other thing we're building I put an infinitesimal in the concrete mix that is laying the foundation. I missed one night that was supposed to be special and while I care not to divulge details I will say simply, it was my fault.

And argue as I might, my would-be Love Doctor is upset with me as well they should be. Because as I said, this thing we're creating here is a copious task to be executed. I now know that I should have made a better decision Friday night. And though I am glad that we are still trying to repair the foundational damage before it has gotten too far gone. Thank you. I know you won't forgive me for a drunken night that was supposed to have been reserved for us, but I will say " I truly do apologize."

And while I know it will be a long while before I actually get to taste that homecooking you were surprising me with, I thank you that I got to see your beautiful face amid your anger. I will be pulling double shifts and working the graveyard overtime to show you that I am serious about this. I want this. And I'm glad that you remember the preliminary planning we did with this. Furthermore, I'm glad that you and I get to perfect the blueprint of something truly special.

Comments

  1. Aww leave that alcohol alone. Not good for you ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so your behind the scene cheerleader. . . I patiently await the next chapter of your new love. GOOOOOOOOOO Mili - Tank. . .

    We make mistakes. Lord knows, I still question what the hell I'm doing.

    But, in the end you keep moving forward, and if their worth it, making up is always the best part. Just try your best to not make the same mistake, especially when it hits home and hurts your new love beyond measure.

    Once again GOOOOOOOOOO Mili-Tank!

    P.S. ~ I so don't know why I love to say Mili-Tank aloud. . . Ridiculous I know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Honest opinions are always welcome

Popular Posts